My balcony

We have a very big balcony in our house and we really love spending time there. In fact we use this extra 30sqm as an extension to our living room. Even in winter we use to sit outside since the really cold days here in Greece are counted in one's hand fingures nowadays.
For the past two years that we bought our house it used to look like this:

This is the right side of the balcony
(please excuse the "styling" of the table, as my hubby was sitting, reading newspaper and drinking coffee)

and this is the left side

So, as you can see in the first picture the kids have their own corner with the little house to play "family" and the little table with the chairs so that they can make their drawings or play with their "playdohs".
My hubby also has his corner where he spread his newspapers or relax and watch TV.
And me? Nothing for me.
So I decided that it was high time to do something about it. And that wall next to the TV was very suitable.
I did not want to spend much money on this project, so I searched for old forgotten things in my basement, such as lamps, window-mirror and rugs. My blogging friend Eva from Rdeco also helped me out with some tips, ideas, and a board for me, which you can find here.
You want to see the outcome? Here it is:

After:


This was a quick transformation, as we didn't have much time before we leave for our summer holidays.
Then, when we returned I made a few changes for a more summery look:

 
A few little changes for better results, as well as different plants next the mirror as previous ones died during our absence in Pilio.

Let's take a closer look of this window-mirror which has been stored in my basement for several years.
Notice that in the first pictures it has dark brown colour that I wasn't fond of.
So, I sanded the piece then primed it and then applied two coats of an off white paint and some yellow-lime paint on the windows. Ah, much better now!

Hope you have enjoyed!

xoxo
Olga

Also sharing this post at the following link parties:







\

  







12 comments:

  1. Your balcony looks really nice and comfy :) Great transformation.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you very much! I "visited" your home today and I must say that it loos really great too! Maybe I will make a post about it...

    ReplyDelete
  3. η γωνια με το μικρο σαλονακι ...ολα τα λεφτα ....ερχομαι για καφεδακι και κουσ-κουσ ......

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW! What a beautiful space!! Sure wish I had the energy to tackle our outdoor space! Great job and thanks for linking up!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Sherika Lovett Alston Thank you too for you lovely comments! You've got a lovely blog!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Much brighter and more eye catching now! I didn't realize you were located in Athens, Greece until reading through this post! VERY cool! Thanks for sharing your fun makeovers on Fancy This Fridays!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great space! Love it!

    Thanks for linking up again :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. this is beautiful!!! It all looks so fresh and inviting...great work!!

    Thanks so much for linking to "20 Below Thursday"! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just love your special corner on the balcony. So cozy and comfy. A great place to sip a glass of wine and read an amazing book ...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ... so happy that you shared with us all at our Great Outdoors link party!

      :)

      Linda

      Delete
  10. Fun and beautiful! Thank you so much for linking up with me at Drab to Fab last week! Hope you'll join me again with more of your great ideas!

    http://www.amynjesse.com/2012/04/drab-to-fab-link-up-11-features.html

    Have a great weekend :)

    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a fun little space. Love how colorful it is. Thank you so much for linking up to our party!
    Karah

    ReplyDelete

Your thoughtful comments keep me going! Feel free to share them!
However, I reserve the right to delete all anonymous comments and restrict comments that are irrelevant to the article, contain profanity or lack respect, personal attacks or those that seek to promote a personal or unrelated business.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Icon Icon Icon Icon Follow Me on Pinterest

spice up your blog
Pin It button on image hover